Frequently Asked Questions
1) How long do agreements typically last?
Agreements last for a minimum of 12 months and can
last as long as 5 years.
2) Are billboards available on any highway I choose?
No. Certain highways have government regulations that
restrict billboards from being built on them. Please
contact us at email@example.com to determine if
the highway you have in mind is a possibility.
3) What are the traffic volumes on some common highways
Source: Ministry of Transportation, 2004 data
4) What are the dimensions of the billboards?
Our billboards range in size, but are typically the
maximum allowable size that the government permits for
a particular highway. We have billboards that are 8
feet tall by 12 feet wide, 8 x 16 and 10 x 20.
5) If I have my own suppliers for artwork, can I provide
you with print-ready artwork?
Yes. Our graphic design service is intended to be a
value-added service, but we are equally happy to work
with completed artwork.
6) Do you have any tips for designing my billboard
||Deerhurst / Canal Road
||Milne Road (Wood Lake)
- Have an Objective and Design Your Billboard to Achieve
the Objective. Is your objective to inform the viewer,
persuade the viewer, remind the viewer? What action
would you like the viewer to take after seeing your
billboard? To phone you? Drive to your location? Visit
your website? Make sure that you only have a single
- Less is More. Keep your entire billboard message to
a maximum of 10 words. 5 or 6 words is ideal. Use only
a single photo. Multiple photos compete for the viewers’
attention. Remember that the viewer will spend only
2 or 3 seconds looking at the billboard.
- Avoid overlaying text onto a photo. The only time
this works is if there is a solid colour within the
photo, such as a blue sky or water. Otherwise, limit
the photo to part of the available billboard space and
put the text in a separate section against a solid background.
- Use dark colours against a light background or light
colours against a dark background.
What doesn’t work:
|Black on White
|Blue on White
|Black on Yellow
|Red on Yellow
|White on Black
Yellow on Black
White on Blue
White on Red
White on Green
|Yellow on White
White on Yellow
Red on Blue
Blue on Red
Blue on Green
If you try standing back a few feet from the screen,
you will notice that you can read the top examples,
but cannot read the bottom ones.
7) How big should text be in order to be visible?
Note that our billboards are typically visible from 500 feet, so if you want text to be visible for the entire viewing time, it should be at least 12 inches tall.
8) What are the specifications for artwork?
for Maximum Impact
9) What about changing my message or simply refreshing
the same message after wear and tear?
In the future, you may wish to continue with the billboard
but to change the message which you are displaying.
If so, we will quote you an additional charge to produce
the new message display and to install it. Another scenario
is that in the future you may wish to make a new production
of exactly the same message simply to refresh the appearance
from wear and tear. Your message will have been printed
on vinyl, with UV resistant inks and covered with a
protective laminate. This combination is designed to
keep a good appearance for 2 to 3 or more years. However,
Vision does not make any warranty to you about the rate
of fading or other deterioration of your message. Any
time you do decide you wish to print a fresh vinyl for
the same message, we will quote you an additional charge
to produce and install it.
10) What should I do if my question is not answered
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you
have further questions that are not answered here.
- Vector art is always preferred, but image art is also acceptable when provided in high resolution. By high resolution, we mean a minimum of 75 dpi @ 100%. Image formats should be in PC only. Please convert all fonts to objects or include the fonts with the file.
- Supported versions of software include Corel Draw X3 or lower, Adobe CS2 .ai, .eps or .pdf, .tif, .jpg.
- Please email completed artwork to email@example.com or if it is too large to email, please mail it on cd to:
Vision Outdoor Advertising
c/o Sublime Graphics
34 E.P. Lee Drive, Unit 4
Bracebridge, ON P1L 1P9